All our resources use the Swindon Collection of Modern British Art to kick-start fun and learning. No printing, prior knowledge or equipment required! Everything is free thanks to funding from Swindon Borough Council. Choose from:
- Art Burst learning packs – choose your topic or artist below
- Creative Art Activities – click here for a bank of quick creative activities for all ages
- Learning Library – click here for lots more resources and toolkits which bring learning to life through art
- Galleries – click here for collections of themed artworks to kick-start learning and curiosity
For more information, please contact Mags Parker, Learning Officer – maparker@Swindon.gov.uk
What are Art Burst Learning Packs?
FREE learning resource packs for families, designed to keep little hands and minds busy! Each resource uses Art as a springboard, but covers lots of different subject areas. The text is suitable for children aged 7 – 12, but activities can be adapted for younger children. There’s lots that doesn’t require equipment or mess! Designed for maximum entertainment, learning and inspiration!
Each Art Burst Learning Pack contains:
- a picture of a featured artwork and some information about it
- exploration of a linked theme, art movement, or art form – all relevant to the KS1/2 art curriculum
- a fun activity linked to the artwork
- thought-provoking questions to explore the Art
- linked learning activities across the curriculum.